3-evenings Beginners course
A course for you, if you have never taken a kayaking course before but want to lay down a first foundation for your upcoming paddle adventures!
Our 3-evening Beginners course suits whoever wants to start paddling or have been paddling for a while but never taken a course. The beginners course follows the norms of EPP 1 (yellow).
During 3 evenings we meet at 18.00 at Gräddö Brygga, and finish off at 21.
The course includes both theory and practical exercise:
Kayak basics – how to pack a kayak and adjust the feet pedals
How to step in and out of the kayak – at pier and beach
Forward and backward paddling
Capsize – yep, you will get wet and get your head under the surface!
Sea safety, Public Right of Access and Leave no Trace-philosophy
18.00-21.00, three evening occasions.
The course is suitable as from 15 yrs old.
This is included:
- Spray skirt
- Paddle float and pump
- Certified guide
- Assessment at EPP 1 and course certificate
What to bring:
- Clothes to paddle in (normal exercise clothes works fine, not jeans or cotton)
- At least one set of spare clothes
- Extra base layer if you are feeling cold
- Swim wear and towel
- Wind/waterproof jacket
- Water resistant shoes (preferably some small and handy shoes since it can be tight for your feet in the kayak)
- Hat, sunglasses, sun screen
- Water bottle and thermos
- Warm clothes for the evening
- Lunch for the course day