SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AT RÅDMANSÖ KAJAK & UTELIV AB
BEFORE TAKING OFF, PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- You alone is responsible for yourself and the rented equipment during the trip.
- Kajak & Uteliv does not accept any responisbility for damages and losses
- Check what kind insurance cover you have related to above
- Inform Kajak&Uteliv about your plans for the trip
- Keep your mobile in a watertight bag
- Avoid to paddle alone, as this will expose you to greater dangers
- Always bring warm clothes in watertight bags. Cold water may cause hypothermia, one of the dangers at sea.
- Always check that the kayak and other equipment is in good working order, that the hatch covers are tight and the steering properly adjusted for you.
- Listen to the weather forecast and make sure to bring map and compass.
ON THE WATER:
- Wear the life jacket
- Observe the weather, surrounding traffic and your company.
- Be aware and estimete your own skill and capacity related to weather and sea conditons.
- Make sure to be seen by other boats by wearing bright clothes.
- Avoid the fairways with heavy traffic
- Make sure you follow the anti collison rules of the sea
- It is vital to know basic navigation so you can determine your position.
- If possible try to practise survival techniques
If you are a beginner we suggest you participate in a beginners course
Always have good company to improve safety and to learn more about paddling.